The day before my birthday I went out with a friend to a gluten free bakery. I picked out three items. Hey, it was my birthday and I wanted to indulge. I meant to save one of my treats for the next day. Instead I tasted each item. My favorite was the pumpkin doughnut, so of course I ate the whole thing. The whoopie pie was intensely rich, so I shared it with my friend. That left the cookie, which wasn't bad, but wasn't great, either. Then I had a bite of my friends cupcake. Wow! That was good. So I ordered one to save for my birthday.
I didn't expect my sweet daughter to think of making me a gluten free birthday treat. But that's what she did. While I was out with Mario for my birthday breakfast she made me gluten free brownies and cupcakes. It was incredibly thoughtful! And delicious! I think she felt bad because at my birthday dinner with my mom the week before I could only eat two items that my mom made.
The girls each got me a gift that I had wanted. The movie "Babies" from Savannah. And from Emilia a set of tea cups that she knew I liked at "World Market". They are both so thoughtful and it warms my heart to see how much joy they receive from giving.
No comments:
Post a Comment