Sunday, July 6, 2008

Heading Off to Girls Camp

This year we add Emilia to our Girls Camp adventure. Mario was planning to come to camp with us as a camp dad. We were so excited to have him there, but work took the priority and he is heading to Boston to attend a conference at Harvard. Savannah and I are excited to share the camp experience with Emilia, but she is apprehensive and unsure about going. Savannah will be a Junior Counselor in Emilia's group, which means she will sleep in her cabin and be involved in all of the activities with her. This should be a comfort to her. I will once again be a camp mom to the 4th year girls with my good friend, Trina. Trina and I get a bonus for being camp moms to the 4th years, since we get to go on their High Adventure with them before Girls Camp. Last week we took them camping at Jessie Honeyman State Park where we hiked the sand dunes and went on a dune buggy ride. It was a lot of fun and the weather was incredible!

I have been busy with camp preparations all week. I am excited to share my sewing accomplishments, especially since I am NOT a seamstress! The girls began making pajamas with the youth group at church, but since we missed a night of activities we had to finish them up at home. The girls and I had a successful joint effort at modifying and finishing the pajamas just in time to take to camp. They are wildly cute!



While we were in Seaside a couple of weeks ago I saw the cutest mermaid suit that would be perfect for Savannah and Emilia's skit at camp...but no way was I going to pay $20 for it! So I went home and recreated it. Now if I can just get that skirt finished that I began two months ago...uhg.

Well, we are off to camp bright and early tomorrow morning! Wish us well!

No comments: