Friday, December 5, 2008

20 Days until Christmas

I KNOW you just wanted to be reminded of that little fact. You'd think with Christmas looming so close my kids would be sucking up to me. Asking how my day was. Doing their chores without being reminded. Being nice to me. BUT NOOOOOO! They just think they can be their same old, selfish, teenager/young adult selves and keep living their life without considering my needs at all!

And you wonder why I blog about my dog,
who isn't really MY dog,
but he loves me so much,
And I know it!

About the dog....
Did you know they could get sick? Lay around all day, matted hair, sad looking eyes, not eating or drinking kind of sick? He's better now, running circles around me wanting to go on a walk.


Back to Christmas.....
I'm pretty much done with gifts, just a few little things here and there. Shopping was kept to a minimum this year, and that feels good. The kids are getting a group gift, they pretty much know what it is, but with a surprise added to it.

I've had my tree for a week. It sat in the garage for a few days. We put it up and it stood bare for a couple days. I put the lights on, don't have enough, need to go to the store to buy another strand, haven't done it for two days, so there it stands 3/4 of the way lit. I don't know when we will decorate it. I'm holding out hope that there will be a time this weekend when all of us will be home at the same time, we will all be in a good mood, and willing to participate in decorating our tree. I know, I'm dreaming. But it's worth a shot.

I realize I sound a little whiny about my kids. So I think I'll stop.

Happy Holidays!
Only 20 days until Christmas!
Only 19 days until my birthday.



No comments: