She didn't last long, and Mario had to finish. Then my camera batteries died, and the extra ones I found in the car were dead, too. So this is all I have this year!
After cutting the tree we went down the road a few miles to visit our friends, the Wells. They have a nice home on 2 acres, with cows, chickens, roosters, turkeys (they were just slaughtered), and the neighbors horses grazing on their land. The girls fed the 9 week old cows. They were adorable! It was nice to finally see their home. And I took home 2 dozen fresh eggs.
Tonight I'm keeping busy making banana cream pie, chocolate cream pie, and cupcakes for Emilia's birthday party. I need to go wrap her present while she's gone. She knows what she's getting (some boots we ordered online), but she thinks they haven't arrived yet (she's been asking every day "are they here yet") ME? I'm a big liar. So she may be a little surprised after all.
My sweet girl is 13 years old tomorrow! Another teenager in the house, officially anyway. I feel like she's been a teenager most of her life. If I survive mothering teenagers, I deserve a fabulous vacation!
After cutting the tree we went down the road a few miles to visit our friends, the Wells. They have a nice home on 2 acres, with cows, chickens, roosters, turkeys (they were just slaughtered), and the neighbors horses grazing on their land. The girls fed the 9 week old cows. They were adorable! It was nice to finally see their home. And I took home 2 dozen fresh eggs.
Tonight I'm keeping busy making banana cream pie, chocolate cream pie, and cupcakes for Emilia's birthday party. I need to go wrap her present while she's gone. She knows what she's getting (some boots we ordered online), but she thinks they haven't arrived yet (she's been asking every day "are they here yet") ME? I'm a big liar. So she may be a little surprised after all.
My sweet girl is 13 years old tomorrow! Another teenager in the house, officially anyway. I feel like she's been a teenager most of her life. If I survive mothering teenagers, I deserve a fabulous vacation!
No comments:
Post a Comment