Thank you to Gloria Lemay, midwife in Canada, for this beautiful prose.
I am a midwife, I am safe in the world. I am allowed into the lives of others and am given the words that I speak. Yea, though I make mistakes, none are so great that they can not be forgiven. All I could want is supplied to me and my heart rises up with joy and gratitude. When I am afraid, I know that I am surrounded by a Presence mightier than the petty tyrants of this world. The only enemy I fear is the one within me. There is always an abundant table before me if I will but look and see it. My cup runneth over, if I say so. Surely, I am blessed to have a vocation that I love and that serves the Higher good. My heaven is here and now. In service, I find peace and tranquility and I dwell in the love of the moment, moment by moment. Ah woman.
No comments:
Post a Comment