Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hmmmm....


I really want to share my feelings about the election, but honestly I don't feel that I can gather my thoughts in an organized way just yet. I feel emotional, excited, hopeful, anxious, proud....I could go on and on with the adjectives. Just suffice it to say that I have many thoughts going through my head.



Instead I'm just going to share a funny and appropriate ending to a story. It's the story of the woman who showed up at my door for an interview, minutes after I woke up after only a few hours of sleep after being at a birth most of the night. My first greeting to her was in my robe with my hair up in a towel.

Imagine my shock and surprise when she actually hired me!
(I've already shared this in a previous post, and if I knew how to link it here I would, but I don't, so you'll just have to look for it if you're interested)

So it seemed appropriate that on her final postpartum visit she showed up at my home office two hours before her scheduled appointment with me in the same robe and hair towel that she was greeted with two months earlier.

We both had a good laugh over that one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could share in your excitement but......no can do. He scares me to death. But I am glad that someone is happy especially you cause I really really love you!!!!!!