Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snow Day



Even though I had a difficult time believing the weather forecast of a winter storm coming our way, I'm grateful for the impression I had to go grocery shopping last night and stock up. I figured at the very least, it would be one less thing to do on Monday, and I'd already have my Christmas baking ingredients if I felt like getting an early start on Sunday.

Then.... it really snowed! A lot!
well, a lot for Portland.


I needed a day like today to renew my spirit and get into a Christmas mood. For one, church was canceled! And, all of the children were home. These are two things I have been struggling with lately. Having everyone home to leisurely make a big breakfast was fantastic for me. I spent the rest of the day baking and cooking up a storm! French toast. Bacon. Soup. Sticky buns. Cookie dough. Pretty marshmallows. Apple cider. After playing and eating all day we also got the tree decorated. FINALLY! My bare tree that's been sitting in my living room for 2 weeks has decorations on it.


mmmm....sticky buns


Marshmallows covered in crushed candy canes....
waiting for friends to come play games tonight and have hot chocolate!
(The first time I've made something in a magazine that actually turned out as pretty as the picture!)


Amos loved the snow! We took him on a walk to visit the Spravzoff's.
This is him after playing with his buddies for such a long time he had icicles hanging on him.
We had to force him to come inside and dry off.


Here's a video of Amos playing with his buddies


2 comments:

Danelle Grossnickle said...

WOW! You got a lot more snow than us...we had just a skiff. NICE!

Anonymous said...

Hats off to you getting all that baking done...when did you become the baking goddess? I am glad you are enjoying having your husband home...more perks to marrying an educator. Mine still has to go fill and drill!!!