Baby boy born last night! Mom was so excited because she had a short labor, after 3 long labors with her other children. This was also her first homebirth, after 3 birth center births. It does make a difference.
That concludes our August births, so my apprentice and I were excitedly beginning to make plans with our next off-call time. I was trying to quickly get out of town today to head to a wedding in Utah, while she was thinking about a camping trip this weekend. Then on my way to a postpartum visit I checked my phone messages and there was a message from a woman who interviewed me a couple weeks ago and her baby is due in a few weeks and she wants to hire us. UNBELIEVABLE! Because this is the one I wrote about 2 weeks ago who showed up at my door 3 minutes after I woke up after being up all night at a birth and driving around the town I grew up in looking for a damn Shari's restaurant!
I am so excited!
And I am back on call.
Like Kelly said when I called to tell her to cancel her camping trip, "It was fun while it lasted".
At least we got a trip to Ikea in this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment