Things to Do on a Summer Day
Well, I haven't done very many of them!
But today Emilia and I shut summer down by taking a trip downtown.
Our first stop was the Park Blocks to watch the The Oregon Ballet Theatre perform their annual OBT Exposed. We stopped to get lunch at New Seasons Market and ate as we watched the ballet practice for their upcoming season. It is amazing to see the body move in such a lyrical way. It makes me miss dancing. But what I was really thinking as we watched, I bet they don't eat sandwiches, chips and cookies for lunch. Those bodies are amazing.
Then my little artist wanted to go to the Portland Art Museum. We spent a couple of hours exploring various forms of art. There were some really weird pieces that we laughed about, some amazing works that caught our attention and those that seemed like any one of us could have done. We stopped at the gift shop on the way out to get a few postcards as souvenirs.
We stopped by the ballet tent one more time before heading out and we were treated to a full run through of the section that we had watched them rehearsing earlier, so that was cool.
The only bad point was that we decided to head home at 5pm...what was I thinking?




No comments:
Post a Comment