But today we headed to the Clackamas County Fair. In spite of the weather forecasting 104 degrees today, everyone was excited to go and there was no complaining. (Well, Mario complained a little when we were waiting in the hot car for Savannah to finish getting ready 45 minutes later than we intended to leave).
We had so much fun! Here are a few photo's from the day.
After the fair we came home for a brief rest before heading to Washington Park Rose Garden to enjoy the opera "Lucia di Lammermoor". One of the leads is a man we know. The music was beautiful and it was a great way to spend a hot summer night. Portland is such an awesome place and I love living here. We have many beautiful public spaces filled with fabulous free concerts and cultural activities.
The moon was out in full on the drive home. Absolutely beautiful! I'm happy to be home in my air conditioned room tonight watching Michael Phelps win another gold medal. That man is a freak of nature! And I mean that in the nicest way.
No comments:
Post a Comment