Sunday, February 8, 2009

Guitar Hero

So around here we are still totally stoked about our Wii. I think I'm the most excited of all. Not just because I love the games. (I do) But because I think it's the most time we've spent together as a family in a long time. And it's the most fun we've had together, too. When someone turns it on it seems that everyone congregates to that area and begins watching, soon they want to join in, which inevitably leads to some kind of competition.

Last week I asked the girls to teach me how to play Guitar Hero. I felt like a big, uncoordinated dummy to begin with. My whole body was tensed up, my wrists would hurt and my eyes would go buggy after a few songs. But I was surprised at how fun and addicting it is. I knew I was improving when I could play a song without my butt being tensed up :)

Then I found "World Tour" on craiglist. This is an entire band; microphone for vocals, drums, guitar and bass. We haven't been able to play all four at the same time because we only have 2 wiimotes, but we're on the hunt for two more (they're just so dang expensive!) But so far it's fun to play 2 at a time.

We've been unlocking new games on the wii fit, too. My new favorite is the boxing. It doesn't seem like much of a work out, but boy am I out of breath afterwards, and every muscle in my back hurts. I've even lost 2 pounds since making my mii. I still have a long way until she's not chubby, but I'm going to make a valiant effort anyway.

I took some video of the girls playing our "World Tour" band, but I haven't been able to upload them. I'll put them up when I figure that out. Maybe I'll even give you a little peak at my boxing.

Doesn't Emilia just look like a cool rocker chick?


Savannah is unbeatable on the guitar, even with Amos sleeping on her.

2 comments:

Danelle Grossnickle said...

The dog sleeping on the guitar cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much Savannah and Emilia look alike!!! WOW