I wonder how much he will terrorize the newest animals to join our family?
Monday, February 16, 2009
Urban Farm Fresh Eggs
I'm going have chickens again. This time on a much smaller scale. I'm getting 3 banty's, which are much smaller, therefore we have a smaller coop. Hopefully this will be easier to maintain, yet give us an adequate number of eggs for our family. Mario is always so willing to take on MY projects. He worked most of the day to finish up the project. It's done except for the nesting boxes-they need to have a hinge on them so we can open them and retrieve the eggs. I've got the chickens reserved for me, and I decided to get hens that are just about ready to begin laying. This will be easier than raising them from chicks (though maybe not as much fun for the kids), and we won't have to wait long for the eggs.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have 14 chickens: Rhode Island Reds, Black Astrolrops, araconnas and a golden lace. It took a whole year for them to lay like they are now...about 12 eggs a day:) They stink more than I thought too and I found that I have to clean out the whole barn every month in order to stand it....a lot more work that I thought it would be but worth the good eggs! Way to go!
Post a Comment