I went shopping afterwards and bought LOTS of veggies, fruits, meat and some special foods (rice tortillas, spelt bread, snack bars that are wheat, dairy and sugar free....thankful to find those).
Since the girls stayed home for the inauguration and we celebrated with German Pancakes, I decided to have one last day of goodies. I had hot chocolate this afternoon, and pizza for dinner. But tonight I've been chopping and prepping food to make the transition easier.
If anyone has good suggestions for recipes or recipe books or web sites with wheat and dairy free foods I'd love to have them!
When Barack Obama was elected it was just me and the girls home celebrating. And boy what a celebration it was! It was cool to have them home with me today to share in watching him take the oath of the office. I am still moved by this historical moment. It has been in the span of MY lifetime that blacks have gone from being segregated to being president. The movement has been slow, but I am honored to witness the success, though we have so much progress to make. I believe in a day when we will ALL be judged by the content of our character and not the color of our skin. I believe president Obama is a man of character and I have so much hope for our future. My favorite part of his inaugural speech, "On this day, we gather because we have chosen hope over fear, unity of purpose over conflict and discord." I pray that our nation will come together for the good of ALL people. That we will NOT be fearful. That we will NOT lose hope. There is much to do and WE are responsible for working together to accomplish all that needs to change.
2 comments:
I am glad that you are going to be healthy again.I am dairy free and it is really hard at first...can you have eggs at all?
Quincy can give you all sorts of dairy/gluetin free ideas...she is a whiz at that! I have been sugar free for 3 months...it isn't bad after the first week.
Post a Comment