Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A Few Projects I've Been Working On

I've been wanting to do some projects with chalk board paint for awhile. 
This is the first project I pinned on pinterest. I saw a dining room table in chalkboard, but I didn't want to do such a big project, and I really like my dining room table. So I thought painting my coffee table was a good idea since it would be the perfect height for the kids.
Coffee table

Then I decided to paint the glass on this frame.
Love it!

After painting a few other items I read online that you can paint fabric!
So I painted this little onesie for my grand-baby. 
It washed up perfect and you can change the message as you like.



Every child who comes to visit has used the table
and everyone seems to love it.

The only thing I would suggest and do different next time
is use a roller instead of a brush.
The brush leaves brush strokes which makes a not so smooth surface to write on.

Some more doodling on the coffee table.



I'm ashamed to say the following project took about two years to finish.
When I began this blanket I had no grandkids in my life or on the horizon.
I decided that I would work on it and save it for my first grandchild.
Then my daughter got pregnant.
And the blanket wasn't even half done.
I had to work a little harder to finish it.
Which meant not just working on it at births.

Got it done.

Just in time.

Baby is due in two weeks!


I didn't remember to take a before picture of this project.
I bought this garden set at a garage sale for $16.
Bought the cushions at another garage sale for $5.

The paint cost more than those combined!

But I love the final result!




No comments: