The following video is beautiful and I encourage you to watch it. It is about Stephanie Neilson, also known as Nie Nie the blogger, who I have shared with you before. She was in a serious plane crash and has been recovering for over a year.
My New Life
My favorite part is when Nie Nie says "I am Stephanie Nielson and I am not my body". How true this statement feels to me right now. Our body is a shell that houses our spirit, our personality, our thoughts and feelings...the most important parts of us. Sometimes I focus on the outside and let that define who I am on the inside. As I have been struggling with depression I have felt lonely, tired and frustrated. But as I try to heal and move forward I see that I have let go the best parts of myself. I am trying to redefine who I am and what my purpose is.
I have become overwhelmed by things and people that I now understand are not important to my purpose. I have decided to focus on myself and those people and things that mean the most to me. It does not mean that everything else or everyone else is not important to me, it just means in this moment I need to focus on the MOST important. I need to clear the clutter and get back to the basics. I need to understand that I am loved and that I am love.
1 comment:
Oh Kelli. You are loved.
Post a Comment