Most days I make a list of things to do.
And most days I don't cross anything off that list.
It's a good day when I DO cross some things off that list. And a VERY good day when I cross most things off that list.
Today I got busted. I didn't do something I was supposed to do a very long time ago. So it is now on my list and it will get crossed off today.
I am doing things. Lots of things. It's not like I'm sitting in my chair staring out the window (even though I'd like to be doing that). But this is part of my problem. I'm filling my days with things, but not things that matter. Just like my previous post, people, but not people that matter.
I am reading an interesting book right now called "How God Changes Your Brain". Scientific evidence that prayer and meditation can change your brain for good. I know that this is one of the things missing in my life. Not just daily prayer, but meditation, breathing, yoga and contemplation. I know that I need to make time for this.
A few weeks ago I began my yoga practice again. I am doing at least one day a week. I'd like to find a yoga studio and add another day of yoga, if not more. When I am in a class I think I benefit more from the practice. At home the dogs try to lick my face while I'm in downward dog! My next goal is to add meditation. The authors of the book say the minimum is 12 minutes a day to get a positive benefit. I'm hoping my family will join in. But they might think I'm crazy if I make them sit and chant sa ta na ma for twelve minutes!
No comments:
Post a Comment