Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I heart cookies


This mostly gluten free diet isn't so difficult. I'm enjoying a variety of foods and feeling so much better. But the baking....well, that's still in the experimental phase. Thanks to some fabulous blogs I've found some wonderful recipes. Some are hits and some are misses. The above cookie (Flourless fudge Cookie) was a bit of a miss. After many taste tests the final verdict was that it tasted like (and had the consistency of) TOOTSIE ROLLS! Not terrible, just not what I was expecting.

So far I've had a lot of success with every recipe in Babycakes. I've tried several and they are all consistently good. The only tweeking I've had to do is increase her recommended cooking temperature and time. The last recipe I tried was her chocolate chip cookie one.....OMG, they were good. I highly recommend this book. And when I finally get to NY I'm visiting her bakery!

2 comments:

Danelle Grossnickle said...

I juts baked some gluten free bread/rolls for my sister in law from a bob's red mill mix and I was surprised at how good they were...but not after they cooled down overnight, must eat them that day!

big_smartmouth said...

they now have gluten free brownie mixes at walmart. i haven't tried them yet, but they look dang good! misty is on a gluten free, SUGAR free diet, so her baking has made a strange turn as well. but, she did make a pumpkin bar that was not bad at all! i'm on a low calorie diet, so if you run across any low calorie recipes, let me know!!!