We also went back later in the week to judge Men's Chocolate Cake, and Cheese recipes. Mario wa sent to the cake area and I was at the cheese area. YUM! We are definitely going back next year to volunteer! One of the nicest things was we were given a week long pass to attend the fair. Besides our judging duties, we were able to go back to the fair three times.
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Clackamas County Fair
We had the fun opportunity to be judges in the kitchen at the fair. For Mario, it was a huge task to taste and score over 80 breads. (But I think he enjoyed it). I had a much smaller task as I volunteered to taste the gluten free entries, and since this was the first year of GF, there were only 5 entries. (But I got a great recipe for GF carrot cake!)
Here is Mario with his case of bread!
Chocolate Cake tasting.
We also went back later in the week to judge Men's Chocolate Cake, and Cheese recipes. Mario wa sent to the cake area and I was at the cheese area. YUM! We are definitely going back next year to volunteer! One of the nicest things was we were given a week long pass to attend the fair. Besides our judging duties, we were able to go back to the fair three times.


One night we headed to the rodeo with Emilia. It was a first for me and Emilia. I liked the rodeo, but there were some parts that me and Emilia had a difficult time with. I can not get over the way some of the animals are treated. But I completely appreciated the athleticism of the cowboys and cowgirls. I had no idea of the difficulty, skill and training that is involved in the sport. We had a great time!
We also went back later in the week to judge Men's Chocolate Cake, and Cheese recipes. Mario wa sent to the cake area and I was at the cheese area. YUM! We are definitely going back next year to volunteer! One of the nicest things was we were given a week long pass to attend the fair. Besides our judging duties, we were able to go back to the fair three times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment