The good news:
I have a shelf full of wool sweaters!
I've been collecting wool sweaters for a couple of years with the intention of making a wool sweater quilt. I've found the sweaters at Red, White and Blue, Goodwill bins and garage sales.
Using the sweaters now give me something to be on the hunt for in the upcoming garage sale season.
YAY!
Today's sewing project was easy and quick. I cut the arms off the wool sweater, making sure they were the same length, cut the seam a little and sew them together. The first pair were a tad short waisted so I decided not to make a casing for the elastic. I got some 2" wide elastic and sewed that to the top as a finished waistband. The second pair were a little longer waisted so I made a casing for the elastic. I love both of them! The dark pair are thinner and soft and the light pair are thick and cozy. I also made Leo another wool diaper cover.
So without further ado....
here is my handsome model showing off the comfy wool longies
I made him today.
This light gray pair is much roomier for Leo's diaper butt:
It's difficult to see, but I added one of these adorable "made with love by grandma" tags.





1 comment:
Those are so adorable! Seriously. Do not underestimate yourself as a crafter, ever.
Post a Comment