Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Oh, Please, No!
There has been some recent blogging about a couple of positive birth portrayals on TV. I was so intrigued I logged onto hulu.com (awesome website) and watch "The Office" baby episode. My daughter loves this show but I haven't really watched it. Now I'm wondering why? Funny!!
Except for the hooter hider (which, by the way was really stupid looking), from a birth advocates point of view this was a great episode. First of all when Pam went into labor she did not panic and insisted on not going to the hospital until her contractions were 5 minutes apart. There was a staff meeting with the purpose of finding ways to distract Pam from her contractions. When breastfeeding was becoming a challenge and the nurse acted like it was no big deal to give the baby a bottle, Pam insisted on having a lactation consultant and didn't give up. Of course the lactation consultant was male and while he had his hands all over Pam's breasts Jim's reaction was hilarious! One of the funniest scenes was when Pam finally found success breastfeeding in the middle of the night, then discovered that she had really been feeding her roommates baby....Pam whispers in a panic to Jim, wrong baby, wrong baby! It was great to see a funny, yet positive spin on birth on TV.
Another show that I have not reviewed yet, but have heard positive things about is -SURPRISINGLY- Kourtney Kardashian's labor and birth. Apparantly when her water broke she just went about her life, even taking a shower and putting on makeup before heading to the hospital. When she pushed her baby out she...get this...TOUCHED HER BABY!!! Amazing stuff people. Way to go, Kourtney! I'm going to try to find this episode.
Update:
Here is the link to some video of Kourtney's labor and birth!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is an amazing video - this is where I watched it:
http://jezebel.com/5477236/keeping-up-with-the-kardashians-a-reality-star-is-born/
Post a Comment