Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Living Room Makeover

I have a funky "L" shaped living-dining room area. Each area is narrow and therefore small feeling. A friend of mine came over a few months ago and had some great ideas about rearranging the furniture. We finally made the time to make the changes and I LOVE the results.


This is the area in front of the big window where I used to have my couch.
Now it is the dining room.


This is the area where the dining room table was. During Christmas when the tree is in front of the window we do have the couch set up similar to this, in front of the fireplace. But now the couch is set back much further and feels roomy.


Another view of the living room. The retro chairs are now in front of the fireplace. I love sitting on the couch facing the fireplace, while still getting a great view out the front window.


The view from the kitchen where the table used to be.
The sofa table is new with a lamp on it. The fish tank was an eye sore no matter where we tried to reposition it, but I wasn't ready to give it up completely. I found a smaller, and much nicer one on craigslist that fit perfectly on top of a small cupboard. I hadn't wanted to part with this piece of furniture because it had belonged to my grandma, but honestly it was almost on it's way out the door because I had no where to put it after re-doing the family room. It had been sitting outside on the patio for months and I didn't have the heart to get rid of it. I'm glad it worked perfectly for the new aquarium!
And I love the new fish tank (even though I still don't love it's location)


Now Emilia keeps begging me to have some parties!

2 comments:

cfk said...

love the living/dining room that way! I agree with Emilia!

MamaT said...

It does look great! Creative arranging, can't wait to see it tomorrow. Is that sofa table from IkEA? I totally want to copy that.