I've heard back from Midwives for Haiti and they have schedule me to be there from June 12-19th. When I received the email confirmation I was terrified. But this is what I want and know that I will be prepared by the time I leave. I am fortunate that several of my friends and colleagues are going before me. I will be able to glean so much information from them. I also have the benefit of time to plan, prepare and raise the funds.
I do not want to travel alone. There are several other midwives who are also trying to leave in June, so my prayer is that we will be able to travel together. I will be relying on much prayer and faith as I prepare for this trip. I humbly ask that you will not only pray for the people of Haiti, but that my travels will be for a good purpose and I will be able to raise the funds and supplies needed for them.
1 comment:
Kelli, that is so wonderful and scary! I will definitely add you to my prayers.
Post a Comment