Wednesday, February 3, 2010

As a woman lives, so shall she birth.

One of my new favorite blogs is The Gift of Giving Life. It is an LDS woman who writes about birth. Hmmm...I wonder why it's one of my favorites. I love finding LDS women who think and feel the same way I do. I often feel like an anomaly within my religious community, like I'm different and don't belong. So to find like minded women who can thoughtfully express some of the things that I feel is refreshing.

In her last blog post she quoted this "As a woman lives, so shall she birth". And followed that by an exercise she participated in during a yoga retreat she is on. The exercise follows:

First, we had to think of the most difficult thing we have gone through in our life, and then think of how we dealt with it.
Then we had to pair off and share.
We each talked for a couple of minutes. It was good.
There were some tears. I'm amazed at what the woman across from me had been through.
And i think we all realized that what we did then was similar to how we got through or will get through birth.


This got me thinking. It is important to look at the difficult times in our life and then look at how we dealt with it. We have all experienced hard times. And we have survived. I don't know about you, but I feel pretty powerful when I think of myself surviving some of the hard times. I am a strong woman who has done some amazing things. Birthing four children was pretty powerful. Raising them...even more so! Looking inside of ourselves and finding our strength, our courage, our successes helps us to continue on this journey and keep surviving our failures, our pain and the inevitable difficult times.

No comments: