Savannah had her official last day of high school EVER yesterday!
About 4 months ago Savannah came to me with a plan to finish high school one year early. She wanted to transfer to a program through Clackamas Community College. She would finish her classes at her own pace and receive her diploma when she finished. And her goal was to finish this year. This meant taking her entire Senior year and the remainder of her junior year in less than four months. I was against this idea. I was afraid that she would miss out on so much by leaving our neighborhood high school. But this girl of mine did her reserach and was prepared to conquer her goal. And now she is done. She will receive her diploma June 11, 2009 at a ceremony at Clackamas Community College.
When Savannah decided to go to CCC I said that I would not be available as her transportation. She would have to be responsible for herself, which meant taking the bus or finding another way to get there. We both saw this as an opportunity for Jordan, who has struggled to finish his high school diploma, to get into the same program as Savannah, as well as provide her transportation. Jordan registered, and at the nagging of his very motivated little sister, was forced out of bed each day to attend classes. He is one class short of being able to receive his diploma with his sister. But plans to finish his class in the next couple of weeks and be finished by the end of June. I am beginning to feel hopeful enough to say that my struggle to get him graduated is coming to an end. I have never given up on him even when I really wanted to.
When Savannah decided to go to CCC I said that I would not be available as her transportation. She would have to be responsible for herself, which meant taking the bus or finding another way to get there. We both saw this as an opportunity for Jordan, who has struggled to finish his high school diploma, to get into the same program as Savannah, as well as provide her transportation. Jordan registered, and at the nagging of his very motivated little sister, was forced out of bed each day to attend classes. He is one class short of being able to receive his diploma with his sister. But plans to finish his class in the next couple of weeks and be finished by the end of June. I am beginning to feel hopeful enough to say that my struggle to get him graduated is coming to an end. I have never given up on him even when I really wanted to.
1 comment:
That is so funny because I did the exact same thing as Savanaugh! I graduated a year early from CCC too:) Good job...and good job motivating your brother!Great pictures too:)
Post a Comment