Thursday, December 27, 2012

Sewing

I'm trying to remember to take photos of my sewing projects, but I don't always remember. The following are table runners that I made for Christmas gifts. When I took my little R&R trip to the beach I found the sweetest fabric store and bought a simple pattern for this table runner. It proved to be a great way to practice my quilting skills on a small scale. I was very happy with the results and now feel ready to move up to a larger project before heading to a bed sized quilt. My favorite table runner I forgot to take a picture of before sending it off! It was a cute design of chickens and eggs in yellow and black. It might be worth a trip to Cannon Beach again just to buy some more of that fabric to make one for myself!






I made skirts for Cleo, Regan and Campbell (Regan's sister). I think they turned out adorable!




You can't see these as well, but I made flannel Christmas pants for the baby boys and a reindeer applique t-shirt for Koen (who thought it was silly...and also insisted on wearing his tie with his t-shirt... Oh, four year old boys!)

This one ended up being our Christmas card
The photo shoot to get our Christmas card photo was very funny! We did it the evening of Mario's birthday party and all the parents were behind my friend Cindy, who was the photographer, and I could not stop laughing at them all trying to get the kids to smile.

2 comments:

breathethelove said...

Another idea: come out to Ohio to take an on-site photo of that adorable chicken runner, sitting on a genuine country kitchen table, with a vase of fresh cut flowers on top. Love you!

Kelli said...

Now that is a fantastic idea!