Because I've been on call
ALL SUMMER!!!!!
If you have never had a job where you were on call (most of the time) then you have no idea what a bummer this is. I did steal away for one week to the beach with my family (though technically I was still on call, the likely hood of my client going into labor was slim). But other than that week I've spent my entire summer on call.
In the early part of summer my last client was due early August, but then I took a new client on late July for a mid to late August birth. I felt pretty certain that I would still have the last couple of weeks of summer off, and I especially thought I would enjoy Labor Day weekend doing something fun, and I certainly thought that one week into September I'd be free to step away from my cell phone. Ugh!!!
But here I am, feeling sorry for myself and very envious of those who don't live an on call life. Next summer I'm going off call!
No comments:
Post a Comment