This was my heavenly view for my afternoon of reading in Manzanita, OR on Friday. It was a beautiful sunny day sandwiched between two rainy days. But I loved every minute of my retreat.
My first night was spent with Savannah. We arrived late, settled in, made brownies and relaxed in the hot tub. We slept in late and spent the morning in town before she headed home. This left me with 24 hours of complete solitude and no car! I walked the beach, got a massage, had tea in town and did so much reading I had to go back into town the next morning and find a new book because I finished the one I brought. Friday afternoon Mario showed up and we went on a bike ride, visited the farmers market and had dinner in town. The next morning we made breakfast with our amazing peppered bacon and potatoes bought at the farmer's market, (as well as our own home grown eggs). We made a stop in Seaside, then stopped in Astoria to visit some of my favorite clients/now friends. I brought their kids jaw breakers, which they promptly made into a white, chalky candy mess all over me! In spite of the rain it was a lovely day.
It was just the medicine I needed after a few stressful weeks and the last 6 months on call! I've got one more week off call. We are heading to a family wedding in Utah this weekend and I'm going to try real hard to squeeze in a trip to my favorite Korean spa next week. I also have a reservation for a kayak trip around Willamette Falls on Monday night. I hope the weather holds out until then!

No comments:
Post a Comment