Friday, August 26, 2011

Rough Week

I made it to yoga Tuesday morning and pushed myself a little too hard. You are not supposed to push yourself in yoga. I know this. I knew in the moment that I was feeling something in my hips and back. By mid-morning my back and hips were screaming in pain. Wednesday things got worse! So it was a bad choice to spend the better part of the day in my car driving from one part of town to another to another; running errands, attending appointments and trying to find a place for my sister to live when she gets here in two weeks. Wednesday night I got home and started feeling sick; nausea and stomach pain. Thursday that got worse! By the afternoon a raging headache added. I felt very weak and tired. Must be some kind of virus.The strangest part is that I haven't lost my appetite and have felt hungry often in spite of feeling nauseous. The nausea is worse at night (no appetite then) and morning. And better in the afternoon after eating lunch. Very weird!

I feel like a grouchy old lady complaining about my back, stomach and head. Here we are to Friday night. The headache is gone, and I've had improvement in my back and stomach, but I'm not yet back to myself. I haven't had a chance to slow down and rest and recuperate. I need a day to do nothing.

I'm still on the hunt for a decent place for my sister to rent. Today I got scammed on craigslist, which caused us to not move quick enough on another house that would have been almost perfect and we lost it. She is packing up her whole house in one week and headed home to Portland after 18 years in Nashville. Her husband is very sick and she is ready to fall into the arms of her family to help her during this trial. I am so excited to have her home and so sad at what the future may bring for her family.

Please pray for them, and that I will be able to find a place for them to live. They want to be near me and get the kids registered for school as soon as they get here. They need three bedrooms with no stairs and have a limited budget, $1,000 month ideally. They also have two cats. These things are making the search a little more difficult. If you know of anything in the Milwaukie, Clackamas, Happy Valley, SE Portland area please let me know.

No comments: