Monday, October 13, 2008

Catching Up

I took these photos about two weeks ago and meant to post them at that time. So here is the last remnant of color in my garden. I have been enjoying the dichotomy of the coolness of fall making its way in and the color of summer hanging on in my yard.




I planted zinnia's early in the summer season, anticipating lots of flowers for cutting and displaying on my dining room table, but the seed just wouldn't take. I made one last effort at the tail end of summer, throwing a couple packets of seed down and here's what I got.



I bought several packets of sunflower seeds to plant in a row in the front yard. I don't know what happened, in all my yard working days I NEVER opened those packets of seeds. But God graced me with two spontaneous sunflowers just where I intended to plant my own. Hmmm, He does know what we want!



This is a scraggly old rose bush in the front, and I have another in the back. I have a plan for a space in the back yard to begin a rose garden. Mario even dug out the weeds and began preparing it for me, but I never got around to it. Another plan that will be saved for later. (I have a lot of plans...poor Mario)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous flowers...when you are done come and help me in my pathetic yard!!

gretch said...

I am happy for you sis! It is a dream come true that you have found the love of your life to share with you the interests you have that have sometimes had to fall to the back of the list because you have tended to a deeper cause. You can possibly now become Full Bloom Kelli. I believe that swing you used to have would now apply. Dreams eventually come true!

myhapylife said...

Kelli, I love how happy you look and sound! I would love to catch up sometime!!!! becky werner