This is my childhood home. It brought back many memories as we parked the car in front of the house to walk the two blocks to the parade route. I loved growing up in this neighborhood. Every year I went to the parade. Some years I was in the parade; my friends and I decorating our bikes or wagons to match the yearly theme. Neighborhood schools let out early each year on the Wednesday in June of the world's largest children's parade.
When my children were growing up I would often take them to the parade. Our most memorable year was when Emilia was about 4 years old and got lost. We were with a large group and by the time I realized she was missing the parade was over and we were on our way back to the car. It was terrifying! I truly thought I would never see her again. But even at the age of 4 she kept calm, found another mom and told her she had lost her mom and aunt Gretchen. This mom took her to a police officer. And when I hysterically flagged down another police officer we were quickly reunited.
This year I introduced the parade to my grandchildren. All five of the kids were able to make it, along with my dear friends Monica, Cindy, Macey and Jean. The kids Cindy babysits and the girl Emilia babysits, Avalon. Tanner marched in the parade with the Alder Creek Band.
 |
| The girls: Maddie, McKayla, Avalon, Cleo |
 |
| I'm pretty sure this is the only time Cleo and Koen sat in their chairs. |
 |
| Leo LOVED the parade and danced and waved the whole time. |
 |
| My babies: Mila, Leo and Ryker |
 |
| These boys! I love them so! |
 |
| Emilia keeping Koen and the kids cool. It was a HOT day. |
 |
| Ryker looks hot! |
 |
| Mi familia! |
No comments:
Post a Comment