Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Quilting Class

Last week I took my first quilting class. I was so excited for it and the class lived up to my excitement. In the first task I learned a neat trick to quilt straight lines and I was giddy with excitement. I told the teacher if this was the only thing I learned I'd leave happy. 

We had to make a small quilt before we came to class and we were going to learn free motion quilting. Each square of our quilt we learned a new stitch.  Free motion is quite artistic and there is room for individuality. It was cool to see how each of us students had a different look with the same concept.




 The photos above and below show all of the stitch patterns we practiced.



Flower or Rose stitch. This was one of my favorites

Pebble stitch, another of my favorites, but very time consuming.
 I promptly went back to my neighborhood quilt shop
and signed up for another class.

Next up:
Jelly Roll Quilt

And I can't wait!



 Mila's quilt top is done.
I need to do the backing and then baste it.
Then...I need to decide how I'm going to quilt it with my new skills :)


 This is the beginning of a fabric book I'm making for Mila.
I gathered notes from family before she was born
that will be printed in the book, along with photos.
 
I love the color scheme!

No comments: