Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Whole Gang in Seaside, OR

The kids!

Mario & Rolando

Susie & Kelli



Kelli, Issac, Anna, & Emilia having fun at the hat shop

Anna has her mom's sense of humor!

Alex, Anna, Issac

Koen loved Issac! They were instant friends. 

Such a fun weekend with Mario's family visiting! I love when they come. I've said it before, I love them so much.  They are fun and loving and drama free. It is refreshing and relaxing.

We had the wedding on Friday. Saturday began with a big breakfast at home, shopping at Red, White & Blue, lunch, and downtown to take in some people watching at the waterfront. We got there too late to tour any ships and we decided not to spend all that money to get into the Fun Center. But we did pay for one person to enter and load us up on junk food for the drive home. We came home and BBQ'd and made s'mores by the fire. It was a beautiful day. We were surprised that the bride and groom came and joined us late in the evening. It was a blast to hear their take on the wedding day from behind the scenes!

Sunday morning was sunny and promising and I thought we might be in for a summer day, but things quickly changed to clouds. We piled everyone into two cars and headed to Seaside. Even though we were greeted by some raindrops we had a great time. We immediately dispersed to find food. I took Emilia, Anna and Isaac to get pizza, and while the others ate somewhere else the kids rode the carousel, tried on silly hats at the hat store and perused the toy store. It was fun. We met up with everyone else at the beach and most of us got our toes wet in the Pacific Ocean. After a little shopping we headed home where we met up with Chandler, Drea, Koen, Chial and Jordan and had a late dinner.

I hate to see them leave, but they will head home to Utah early in the morning.

No comments: