Tuesday, September 14, 2010

You Might Think I Have A Problem

My girls came over to help me find an outfit to wear to my step-daughter's wedding. I was then looking for a pair of shoes and in order to find the ones I wanted I had to pull all the shoes out of my closet. The reality is, this isn't even all of them.

You might think I have a problem from looking at this mess. But my problem isn't what you think it is. I actually hate shoes.

I. Hate. Shoes.

I would rather wear no shoes or flip flops every day. I find shoes uncomfortable. They hurt my feet. I don't think they look right with my outfit. I think I have so many shoes because I'm always searching for the shoe that will fit. That will match. That won't hurt.

I think I'm going to try a new strategy. Stop buying cheap shoes. Stop buying cheap, used shoes at Red, White & Blue. Invest in a few GOOD QUALITY shoes that won't hurt my feet.

Like these:

I love my "new" Dansko's that I made my sister give to me. They are comfortable and go with many things. The RED is funky, fun and stylish. Going to go here and pick out a new pair pretty soon!

1 comment:

MamaT said...

I have never regretted this philosophy. Except when I sprained my ankle. Otherwise, good shoes are worth every penny.