I saved some money last year so I could take a vacation to Mexico with my husband.
That didn't work out.
He got a job instead.
That didn't work out.
He got a job instead.
Really, I couldn't have gone to Mexico whether he got a job or not. How could I justify traveling while he was unemployed. Maybe we'll go to Mexico next year. I did not want to waste my time off call just sitting home catching up on my DVR que. I planned several mini-vacay's and had the opportunity to visit many friends that I don't get to see very often.

Doesn't she look wonderful!!!! I got to see her in action as a cheerleading coach. We got fancy pedicures with snowflakes on our big toes. We went to a movie and out to eat. And we hung out. All that in two days! It was wonderful to see her.
After Christmas I headed up to Olympia Washington to visit Alida. Alida and I became friends when she moved into our ward many years ago. I was her doula for her first birth and I love her dearly. Her family has moved all over the place since she left the NW many years ago. But now they have settled just a couple hours north and it was great to spend the afternoon with her and her delightful children.

While in Olympia I also treated myself to a visit to the Olympus Spa. It is a women's only Korean spa. I spent two hours soaking in tubs, sweating in the earth rooms and meditating. It was wonderfully relaxing.
I went straight from Olympia to Seaside, Oregon, via Portland, OR to pick up my friends. We could not have picked a better weekend to head to the coast. The weather was a sunny and warm 62 degrees. In the middle of January!!!
That sweater I'm wearing? Yeah, it was gone just a few minutes after this picture was taken. It really was warm. And have you noticed I'm wearing it in every picture in every trip? Weird!
Mario and I headed to Richland, WA again to help Stefani celebrate her 40th birthday. She truly was surprised and I think she had a wonderful time. Her husband put on a great party. Mario's the one who loves to dance, but due to a knee injury we spent most of our time sitting and visiting. But we did get out on the floor for "Celebrate" and "YMCA".


My daughters have been feeling a little left out of my travels so we are going to try to spend some time together this weekend. The last weekend of the month is reserved for my husband. Then it will be back to work for me. But that's ok. I do love my job.
Oh, and I told my husband the other day that it probably would have been cheaper to spend a week in Mexico. Oh, well.
I hit the road...
My first stop was to visit my dear friend, Stefani.
After Christmas I headed up to Olympia Washington to visit Alida. Alida and I became friends when she moved into our ward many years ago. I was her doula for her first birth and I love her dearly. Her family has moved all over the place since she left the NW many years ago. But now they have settled just a couple hours north and it was great to spend the afternoon with her and her delightful children.
I went straight from Olympia to Seaside, Oregon, via Portland, OR to pick up my friends. We could not have picked a better weekend to head to the coast. The weather was a sunny and warm 62 degrees. In the middle of January!!!
Mario and I headed to Richland, WA again to help Stefani celebrate her 40th birthday. She truly was surprised and I think she had a wonderful time. Her husband put on a great party. Mario's the one who loves to dance, but due to a knee injury we spent most of our time sitting and visiting. But we did get out on the floor for "Celebrate" and "YMCA".
Next stop-Nashville, Tennesee
I got to spend time with Jensen and Kamarie
and Lucy and Lane
But the best part was hanging with my sister and friend!
We haven't seen each other in three years so there was lots of catching up to do. And one of the things we both love to do, especially with each other, is just to hang out and do nothing but talk. So that's what we did most of the time.
Lisa was generous enough to share with me a gift certificate she received to a beautiful spa. We spent the day being pampered. Robes and all! It was heaven.
But the best part was hanging with my sister and friend!
Lisa was generous enough to share with me a gift certificate she received to a beautiful spa. We spent the day being pampered. Robes and all! It was heaven.
My daughters have been feeling a little left out of my travels so we are going to try to spend some time together this weekend. The last weekend of the month is reserved for my husband. Then it will be back to work for me. But that's ok. I do love my job.
Oh, and I told my husband the other day that it probably would have been cheaper to spend a week in Mexico. Oh, well.
1 comment:
Well I am glad that you didn't go to Mexico cause then you probably wouldn't have come to visit me and I loved having you here! We must do it again the next time you have a break in your schedule....I will come to you this time!!!
Post a Comment