Monday, September 14, 2009

Chop, Chop, Chop


We have spent the entire summer contemplating what to do with the mess of overgrown arborvitae lining the back of the yard. The advantage of the overgrowth was complete privacy and a sound barrier. On the negative side-ugly and taking up a whole lot of space. One day to escape the stress of waiting for a job offer Mario went outside to start trimming. I warned him to not get too carried away! Here's what he came up with.....

Shave them to the trunk from the fence line down......

It left quite a mess to clean up
and Emilia and Tyler were worked hard hauling tree limbs away...


Me, hard at work, too........

Emilia is always willing to serve......


We ended up with a good supply of wood for the fire pit.....


The end result.....I'm very happy with it.

My husband has a real job now. He no longer works for me. Projects will be fewer and far between, not to mention slower to get finished. But that's ok. We had a great summer together and got a lot done. It was wonderful. Thanks for all your hard work, honey. I know you're getting more rest at the office now :)

1 comment:

Danelle Grossnickle said...

Well worth the work, I would say!